New York Construction Alliance (NYCA)
safety. quality. integrity. diversity.
New York Construction Alliance (NYCA) was formed to align top-tier open shop construction professionals committed to NYCA’s core values of safety, quality, integrity and diversity. NYCA promotes strict standards in workplace safety, professionalism, workforce diversity, fair compensation, and continuous professional and technical advancement through comprehensive training, education and legislative advocacy.
The mission of the New York Construction Alliance (NYCA) is to align open shop construction organizations through its core values of workplace diversity, professionalism, safety, quality craftsmanship and industry advancement. NYCA promotes strict safety standards, fair compensation and a continuous improvement philosophy through comprehensive training, education and legislative advocacy.
The founding members of NYCA represent a significant market share in the New York City construction industry with 2015 revenues in excess of $1.5 billion and future committed revenue backlog of nearly $6 billion. Our members have over 700 professionals and provide jobs for a diverse workforce comprised of thousands of New Yorkers. We currently have over 14 million total square feet under construction, which includes over 10,000 affordable apartments. In addition, our member 3-year Experience Modification Rate (EMR) average of 0.90 demonstrates our commitment to construction workplace safety, training and improving safety practices in the construction industry.
Our Commitment to Safety
All NYCA members commit to NYCA-approved Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) procedures in construction operations to protect employees, clients, employers, the public, and property from hazards and activities that may cause or contribute to workplace injuries and property damage.
Our Commitment to Advancing the Industry
- All NYCA member companies are committed to conducting themselves and their business honestly, safely, respectfully, and professionally.
- All NYCA member companies have corporate safety programs directed by a full-time Director of Safety and/or Construction Risk Manager that will enforce the individual health and safety plan for each member.
- All NYCA member companies actively engage and create a partnership with the alliance, and work with government officials and local municipalities to improve the construction industry.
- All NYCA member companies invest the time and resources to create a safety culture that begins at the top with each participating member and is exhibited through each level of the workforce.
- All NYCA member companies are committed to a workforce comprised of a continuous improvement philosophy where training, mentoring, and education of all subcontractors allows for this philosophy to grow at each level.
- All NYCA member companies are committed to on-site safety orientation programs that meet minimum requirements for all member companies.
- All NYCA member companies are committed to open communication and involvement in the local community.